Sunday, February 10, 2008

Intro to WS 399: 3rd Wave Discourse

I'm very excited to be in the senior seminar for the women's studies major. I expect to be intellectually challenged by the material and engaged within this diverse community. I am happy to finally be studying alongside other upper-class women studies majors in this capstone seminar. Throughout the semester I expect we will all agree and disagree with each other, enriching our personally held beliefs on feminism and gender issue coursework.

As a senior women's studies and political science double major, I expect to use past courses in both of these areas of study to develop ideas of 3rd wave feminism throughout the semester. I have a strong interest in international relations and often view gender issues through a global lens. I will rely on past travels and study abroad experiences to develop this focus and especially look forward to my classmates' contributions in this area of discussion.

My past women's studies courses have been varied and interesting. I especially remember biology of women, feminist theology, and last year's seminar on women and language as exceptional women's studies courses. I expect my first-year and sophomore year experiences in the American Conversations program to provide additional knowledge for this seminar on third wave discourse.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Thank you, Laura; I look forward to agreeing and disagreeing with you and to hearing your perspectives.
Anne